It is now easier than ever to create and sell homemade products. With just a few clicks, you can sell your products online and ship them to customers.
Although this process is fairly straightforward, it does require some effort, especially if you want to become a successful Etsy shop. There are also other business owners competing for the same clientele. So how do you help your business stand out from the the competition?
A tried-and-true method is to create a memorable packaging experience for the customer. Think of any product you’ve opened from top brands and companies. That product was likely wrapped to perfection and shipped with care. In order to be a successful Etsy shop owner, you have to treat your products with the same level of care.
So, if you run an Etsy shop and want to attract more customers, you are in the right place. This article will outline a few ideas you can use to boost your visibility—using custom stickers and more.
Custom Stickers and More: 4 Effective Packaging Tips
The key ingredient to growing your business is to impress customers at every step of the shopping experience, especially once they receive your product. Here are a few packaging tips to get you started.
1. Determine how to secure your product. You know your product better than anyone. So the first thing to consider is how to safely ship it to the customer. Of course, the shipping materials and methods used would ultimately depend on the product itself.
- How much does the product weigh?
- Should you ship the product in a box, bubble mailer, or a container?
- What packaging materials (such as tissue paper) are necessary?
2. Include decorative touches. The package should reflect your brand. It’s also a good idea to use your logo. You can do this easily with custom stickers or labels. The point is to include any additional embellishments that help your product stand out and impress customers. For example, many Etsy shop owners wrap products with hand-curled ribbon for that little something extra.
3. Add extras in the package. Unless the product is a gift, be sure to include a printout of the invoice as well as care instructions for your product. You can also add your business card and a coupon for future purchases. To make it even more personalized, add a handwritten thank you note. Another option is to include freebies with your logo, such as stickers, bookmarks, magnets, or even candy.
4. Package your product with care. Getting the product ready for shipment is the next important step. Consider double-wrapping your product, especially if it’s fragile, and make sure it is secure inside the shipping container. Securely apply the shipping label. A packing slip envelope is recommended for shipping packages overseas to prevent any holdups in customs.
These are just a few ideas to package your product in a way that will safely reach your customers, show them that you care, and also help your Etsy shop stand out. This is one of the best ways to forge connections and establish a loyal customer base.
Custom Stickers Add Flare to Your Etsy Package
Custom stickers with your logo are a great and cost-effective way to enhance your package and elevate your brand’s appeal. Custom stickers are available in matte, gloss, metal, and domed finishes, and are made with high-quality materials.
Check out this easy-to-use, free online tool to create your custom stickers, and help your Etsy shop stand out in a matter of minutes.